When your clients become friends and family.
Spending years and multiple photo session working with a family turns them into friends and family! A bonus is planning portrait sessions is a breeze! Brainstorming together you make their portrait session amazing!! Its kinda like vegetable soup the next day…..even better than the first bowl!
What makes this simple portrait perfect!
This expecting mom crushes their clothing for the photoshoot every time. I have photographed them now with three babies and at this point she arrives with their cohesive outfits and I never see them ahead of time! She has been to the studio so many times that she knows the esthetic and I have come to know what she wants in a portrait. I love working with them! What’s my point? If you have a photographer that you can grow with stay with her for the portraits that are corner stones to your family’s life. Grow together in what the expectations are. (These folks above are really like family to me! Because they come get their pics made with me? No, because I have grown with their family and I love them!)
Working on the seamless paper gives clients a clean simple image that reminds me of earlier photoshoots….except this time around we let ourselves shine in the images. Having neutral colored clothing for the family allows them to each stand out. She and I both love a simple outfit. Having no shoes, no logos and no distracting props allows for me to see their big laughs and little clasped hands. The attention is on them!
Things to Chat About with your Maternity Photographer
- Are you including family or are you shooting alone? Maternity sessions can be a family affair.
- Do you want to shoot both inside and outside or do you prefer studio only. This option is popular in July 🙂
- Do you want to incorporate some mommy and me with your toddler?
- Do you want a formal style or a more relaxed style session? Maybe both.
- Is posed or documentary more your style?
- Do you need to bring clothing or does the studio offer maternity gowns?
These are all things we will chat about once you have scheduled your maternity session.
I am looking forward to what 2023 brings for this sweet family. Just going through their images had me missing these littles!